Americans for the Arts is pleased to announce the release of the 2018 Statistical Report on Campaign Revenues of the Nation’s United Arts Funds during the Fiscal Years 2017 and 2018.
United Arts Funds (UAFs) are private organizations that raise money for the arts, work to broaden support for the arts, encourage arts attendance and participation, promote excellence in the arts and arts management, and ensure that arts organizations are financially stable. Americans for the Arts defines a UAF campaign as a combined or federated appeal for arts funding conducted annually to raise unrestricted money on behalf of three or more arts, culture, and/or science organizations. 40 United Arts Funds are known to be currently operating as of March 2019; 32 UAFs provided campaign data for this report.
Key highlights include:
- The 32 participating UAFs reported aggregate 2018 campaign revenue of $77.3 million.
- The participating UAFs reported that, collectively, they achieved 98.3 percent of their 2018 campaign revenue goals.
- The participating UAFs raised an average of $2.89 per capita in their self-reported service areas during 2018.
- Nearly half of UAF campaign revenues are contributions from individuals (42.2 percent).
This year, the report includes highlights from the recently released Profile of Local Arts Agencies, specific to the United Arts Fund field. 33 UAFs participated in that study. Highlights include:
- Responding UAFs provided funding to 1,584 organizations.
- 79 percent of UAFs report that they have successfully integrated the arts into the daily life of their community.
- 70 percent of UAFs reported that diversity, equity, and inclusion is one of the five most important priority areas for their community in the next 12 months.
Current UAF staff may access the full report by logging into their Americans for the Arts membership account. If you are not a UAF member and would like to learn more please visit our United Arts Fund informational page with the Executive Summary and Key Findings from this report.