Vans and Americans for the Arts envision a country where every child has access to—and takes part in—high quality learning experiences in the arts, both in school and in the community. As such, the two organizations partnered to create the Custom Culture Grant to promote awareness and support arts education in public schools at a time when budget cuts threaten arts education programs across the country. The VANS Custom Culture Grants are also intended to encourage the inclusion of the arts as an integral component of an excellent education, and to support activities that are consistent with local and national learning standards for arts education.
These schools demonstrated through their competitive application for this grant that they are not only committed to providing their students with a well-rounded education, but also to growing and improving their arts education programs. These funds will help support that growth.
The following schools and organization will be receiving grants in 2019:
- Foster High School – Tukwila, WA
- Westminster High School – Westminster, CA
- Danville High School – Danville, KY
- Lawrence Arts Center – Lawrence, KS
- Greenbrier Valley Theatre – Lewisburg, WV
- North Atlanta High School – Atlanta, GA
- Martha Graham Dance Company – New York, NY
- Warren Harding High School – Bridgeport, CT
- Arts at Large – Milwaukee, WI
- Lee High School – Huntsville, AL